Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pug from hell

Finally, I decided to level my hunter on the Horde side. I'm a bit bored of questing but I took the time to do those that were Horde specific to see the other side of the story. So I quested as little as possible, leveled my profession and did as much dungeons as I could. Even tough it's always the same four instances, I had fun collecting pieces of the Azure Serpent Set wich is pretty cool looking.



Even tough the majority of those instances run went smoothly, one stand out from the others. I joined a pug (Pick Up Group) in Temple of the Jade Serpent, there is me, a pally tank, another random dps and two guildies, an healer and a shadow priest. The priest started pulling, berating the tank and started the first boss without waiting for anyone so I got locked out of the room. The party managed to down the boss even without the help of my awesome hunter dps (*cough cough). Face pull and thrash talk continued until we reached the main hall with the third boss. The tank pulled all the room and quit so we wiped. While we were waiting for a tank replacement, the two guildies decided to kick the other dps because he wasn't performing has well as a level 87 should (we were all 86). Other tank and a dps replacement comes and we killed the third boss. The priest was now bottom dps and maybe ashamed of all he did because he leaved the group (at least that's the only thing I could think of). His guildmate healer coincidentally went offline a short time after. We kicked him and promptly finished the instance.

After this I was wondering: what push people to be such jerks? Those two guildies were competent people and the tank they harassed was doing a good enough job. The only wipe we had was because of the tank rage quitting during a fight. If those two had only kept to themselves we would have cleared the instance way faster and they would have a chance to get more loot and XP. I guess, like the Sha, those two feeds on the negative emotions of the people unlucky enough to have them in there group.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's just bravado and being nasty. A shame really! It comes from a sense of superiority I guess - if someone believes they are better than everyone else, and perhaps they are in terms of gear and experience, then they think they have the right to treat everyone like dirt. Doesn't make it right though. No matter how many times I'm angry, I can't lower myself to their level - there might be someone else in the group who would be further disillusioned with the game if all they saw was fighting, and not someone trying to do the right thing. Oops sorry for the long reply Fabad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm grouped with those types I I usually just keep quiet and do my things so the run is over as fast as possible. I also use /ignore so I wont see them ever again. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you really want to be guildmates with such jerks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I meant that they were both in the same guild (but not the same guild as me).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! And there I was, going through Xilas' guildies trying to determine which two they were!

    ReplyDelete